Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Congolese Clothing

The following are pictures of women's clothing I saw while in the Congo. They had a lot of beautiful clothes. I just wish I was able to take more pictures.

Here's my impromptu skirt I wore the first Sunday. It seemed to fit into the usual style pretty well.
We visited an orphanage and the woman in charge wore this outfit. I wish I had asked to get a shot from the front. It was beautiful from top to bottom.

Lucy and I went to the dress-shop on Saturday to pick up our outfits. Florence (pictured in the middle) came to help us. We ended up sitting in the shop for about 4 hours while they completed our outfits. Thankfully, this was after the presentation and the guys were off having fun swimming at the American school. It was worth it! I enjoyed meeting the women at the shop and trying Maltina (a non-alcoholic beer) while I waited.


These are clothes of a typical school girl. Every skirt was different. Some of them were really lovely and showed all different styles of blue skirts.
A woman walking down the street.
Florence again. She had some great clothes. This outfit was especially lovely.
A woman walking down the street with a baby strapped to her back.

Some women standing around at church.
Another woman from church.
And another woman from church. So many amazing clothes. I really wish I had taken more pictures! But it really isn't encouraged AT ALL to take pics.
Another woman walking by.
Our pastor's wife. She cooked us an AMAZING meal on our last day: chicken, fish, beans, rice, greens, other veggies, fried plantains, cold water, and juice!

1 comment:

Freedom said...

I love the dress you got A - Mazing!!!

- Freedom