Wednesday, September 17, 2008

First Leg!

Well, I arrived in London today. The first leg of my journey is over. I will be here for two nights before meeting up with the rest of the team and continuing on to the Congo. I'm staying in a youth hostel in a great neighborhood (see picture). So far, I love London. I think I could stay here.

I'm trying to get in contact with someone in our London office so I could tour tomorrow or Friday. I haven't been successful in my contacts so far. I may just show up and see if I can get someone to show me around.

I've been wandering the neighborhood today. Just taking it easy, relaxing, getting out in the fresh air, and keeping myself from falling asleep before it's time. I found a beautiful old cemetary. I ended up buying some food from a grocery store and coming here for lunch. It is fairly over grown, but really lovely and peaceful (though I guess it would be hard for a cemetary to NOT be peaceful).


Overall, I am really thankful I decided to take the extra two nights here in London. I didn't really sleep on the plane. I never can, even though I brought (and took) a sleeping pill. That's something I never do... but I was hoping it would work. I guess I just am not a plane sleeper! Good thing I will have 2 more nights of sleep before I have to miss another night of sleep on Friday.

1 comment:

Aunt Sylvia said...

glad to see that you arrived in London safe and sound and sleepy. Love,
Mom