Sunday, September 21, 2008

Here in Congo


I tried to post... but everything deleted! So... here is one picture with hopes of more... this is part of the team in the van we are all riding in.
I don't have much time on the internet and I just spent time writing a post that just died!
So far,
1. our luggage didn't show up when we did... but I now have mine.
2. I have had my first Conglese food of rice and beans... yummy
3. We almost had a camera confiscated when we were taking pictures at the Kinshasa airport.
4. Our power went out last night (it does that every night) so I took a quick bucket "shower" by candelight
5. We attended a church where someone translated for us.
6. Since I didn't have my luggage, I tied a big piece of cloth around my waist "congo-style" and wore it as a skirt. I will have pictures of that later.
7. The team is really nice. Love them.
More later.

No comments: