Tuesday, September 9, 2008

In a week I will be in the air

A week from now I will be on Virgin Atlantic Flight VS 20 from San Francisco to London!

I got a map from the project leader that I'm hoping is pretty accurate. It shows a proposed water system for the site. I tried to match the map to the Google image, but I'm not totally sure.

It looks fairly steep, ranging from 455 meters to 510 meters in just over 185 meters. This means the site has an average slope of almost 30 percent. To give you an idea of how steep this is, most cities have regulations prohibiting development on slopes over 15 percent and definitely not on 25 percent or higher slopes. This is also equal to saying it is a 17 degree slope.

We will be planning around the idea of terraces. I'm wondering how wide these will be and what it means for the plan. Will there be several narrow terraces or a few large ones? Narrow lines of homes on each terrace or homes together on one level?

No comments: