Saturday, September 13, 2008

Time! Time! Time!

I finally actually looked at my itinerary and investigated time zones. I don't want to have too much jet lag while I'm in Africa. I discovered something great today. London and Kinshasa are on the same time right now!

This is especially wonderful, considering the two nights I am spending in London on my way there. It will give me a chance to get used to the time zone difference between California and Africa.


The only thing now is the amount of time I will be spending in the air. These are my flights:

San Francisco to London - 10 hour flight - leaving on Tuesday, September 16th
London to Nairobi - 8.5 hour flight - leaving Friday, September 19th
Nairobi to Kinshasa - 3.5 hour flight - leaving Saturday, September 20th

A total number of hours of 22 hours in the air!

On the way back, I have 24 hours in the air and 10 hours in airports! Ohhh boy! :)

1 comment:

Manisha said...

I just got caught up with reading your blog! Hmm, I wonder what you are thinking and feeling right now. The feeling of going to a new place, particularly a new country, is always an interesting experience - wondering, will it surprise me? Will it be like I expect? How will I adjust? How will other people perceive me? How will it change me?

I am excited for you!